Urban non-profit corporation
Member of Thess Network (Volunteer Network of Thessaloniki)
Member of the AnnaLindh Foundation (Intergovernmental Institution for Building Trust and Mutual Understanding of Mediterranean Residents and Citizens)
A brief description of the Organization profile:
Action Art is a place to narrate fairy tales, visual arts, action and communication. It is a non-profit organization and was founded in 2009.
Its main task is:
• the spread of the World Immortal Heritage and of the Oral Tradition. Contributing to the restoration of the social and pedagogical function of fairy tales, myths , legends and narratives,
• the development of visual arts programs. The provision of specialized knowledge for the personal, professional development,
• encouraging young people to participate in the artistic process and cultural creation,
• promoting non-formal and informal learning through different forms of art,
• developing activities for vulnerable groups (minorities, migrants, refugees).
• the promotion of cultural, educational and intercultural programs, multilinguistic narratives for children, adult teenagers, pupils, with the participation of local communities and different cultural groups, individuals, for the development of communication, solidarity and peaceful coexistence.
• the development of collaborations between actors, non-governmental organizations located in Greece and in various countries of Europe, the Mediterranean and the Balkans.
For the implementation of its programs, Action Art works with social, cultural groups, actors in Greece, and abroad, and individuals. It supports initiatives by providing voluntary programs.
Action Art as a space for communication, exchanges of experience and information through the encounter of people and the different forms of art and expression has created, in the last 8 years, intercultural educational programs and multilinguistic narrations – performances. The organization builds interactive educational, entertainment and awareness programs based on collectivity and developed for the dissemination of the Oral Intangible Heritage, its merit and preservation. Multilinguistic narrations are related to the narration of fairy tales, myths and legends from natural narrators - immigrants, students, refugees - who are temporarily or permanently in our country. The narrative of stories passed from generation to generation through oral speech is done in their mother tongue, thus transferring the richness of their cultural heritage. These are meetings of cultures through stories, legends, fairy tales, speech and other forms of art for a meaningful communication necessary in our multicultural society.